Earn rewards for your active and sustainable travel
Choose Your Way Warwick is a rewards programme designed to promote sustainable and active travel at the University of Warwick as part of the Future Transport Zone project managed by Transport for West Midlands.
Staff and students from the University of Warwick can download the free BetterPoints app, track their sustainable and active journeys into and around campus, and earn BetterPoints and BetterTickets as a result. New forms of transport are being trialled on campus and the app will encourage and reward participants to give them a try.
BetterPoints can then be redeemed for a whole host of retail vouchers or donated to charities.
Staff and students must register with their University of Warwick email address to join the programme.
How do I take part?
Click below to download the BetterPoints app.
Watch a short video here
To get you started or follow these instructions:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap “Join Now” in the app, and fill out the registration form.
3. There will be a welcome message in your timeline in the app inviting you to join the challenges available to you including 'Choose Your Way Warwick'
4. Complete your baseline survey from the message in your timeline to unlock the activity rewards. You will get 250 BetterPoints for completing this survey.
5. Switch on Automatic Tracking in the top right corner of your app to make sure you never miss a journey.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
What rewards can you earn?
Once you're all signed up with BetterPoints, you'll start to see rewards coming in when you travel around campus. All you need to do is choose either an active or sustainable mode of transport and you're on your way.
1,000 BetterPoints = £1 so it won't be long until you're able to exchange your points for vouchers or donate them to your favourite charity!
Kick off your rewards by earning 250 BetterPoints for answering some short questions about your activity levels and travel habits.
How you choose to move has never been more important! These are the rewards up for grabs each week:
Walk, Run, Cycle
1 BetterPoint per minute (up to 150 minutes per week).
Car Club or WM On-Demand Bus
Use for the first time and get 150 BetterPoints.
Bus, Train, Car Club, WM On-Demand Bus
Earn an additional 1 BetterPoint every 0.5 miles(max of 200 BetterPoints per week)
How can you redeem or donate your BetterPoints?
BetterPoints are redeemable for discounts and vouchers. Alternatively, you can donate your points to charity. You can find these in the app under the Redeem or Donate tabs.
Have a question about the challenge?
Get in touch with us via the app, by clicking on the main menu and Help.